Illegal stop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 smfbnsj

smfbnsj

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

I was lost in fog and pulled over for a tail light out that wasn't out! After being pulled over by a uniformed officer driver and another man in plain cloths , no visible identifying ,and never presented himself as an officer ,arrested seized my vehicle after a illegal search, unpermissable. They were rude, ,demeaning,and non comunicable.

Is this an illegal search?

#2 smfbnsj

smfbnsj

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

I was lost in fog and pulled over for a tail light out that wasn't out! After being pulled over by a uniformed officer driver and another man in plain cloths , no visible identifying ,and never presented himself as an officer ,arrested seized my vehicle after a illegal search, unpermissable. They were rude, ,demeaning,and non comunicable.

Is this an illegal stop?

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,376 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

After being pulled over by a uniformed officer driver and another man in plain cloths , no visible identifying ,and never presented himself as an officer ,arrested seized my vehicle after a illegal search, unpermissable. They were rude, ,demeaning,and non comunicable.

Well...you said it was an illegal search, but we obviously have no way of knowing if you're correct about that because you provided no relevant facts.

#4 Legal_Balla

Legal_Balla

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

You don't supply enough facts for us to provide you with an opinion. Your best course of action is to hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer to evaluate this matter for you. Explain all the facts to the lawyer and allow them to research the law. Then they can better answer this question for you.

#5 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Might be illegal if they had no justification for pulling you over.

Might be legal if they did.

As far as I know they don't have to give you the real reason for pulling you over, they just have to justify the actual reason in court.

That there was a plain clothed officer and that you actually did get arrested leads me to suspect that they already had something on you before pulling you over and confirmed it with the search.

What did they find and what are you charged with?

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#6 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

To learn more about this subject matter, you may wish to visit the Criminal Law Center: Criminal Rights and read Search and Seizure as a good resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users