Jump to content


Guardianship, getting child back

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Borisann


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

I have a grandson, who is under guardianship of my son's former girlfriend, my son is the father of this child. My son is in prison untill 2015 and the child bilogical mother is a drug user and is unable to care for the child, the child is 5 years old, before my son went to prison he and the former girlfriend lived together and took of the child together , they started caring for the child when he was 3 months old, my soon recently went to prison in March 2012. I as a grandparent are not physically able to care for the child. My question is, my son is a caring father and he is concerned that when he gets home, will he be able to get his son back in his under his care. We live in Missouri.

#2 Ted_from_Texas


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,231 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

No reason to think he wouldn't. Presumably the guardianship was arranged with his consent, and he'll have standing to petition the court to have it terminated upon his release. Consult local counsel.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

To learn more about guardianship, you may wish to visit the Family Law Center and read Guardianship as a good resource. For further clarification, you may want to consult with a local Missouri Family Law Lawyer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users