workplace disputes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 adsmom

adsmom

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

I am a travel nurse working for a staffing agency from a different state. I am currently working in MD for a 13 week assignment. The company secures housing and pays rent and utilities. I was placed in a not so good area. Stove doesn't work. The toilet doesn't work. The carpet is filty. it is in a less than desireable neighborhood. I do not receive any pay stub. My paycheck is direct deposited with nowhere to view a pay stub. So, I don't know if I am getting the correct pay or not, or if they are taking out taxes, etc. For the past 2 months I have been receiving a discontinuation notice from the gas company because the last 3 tenants have not paid the bill. I contacted my recruiter and was told it wasn't his problem. I was told by the company I am providing services that my agency has not been billing them and wondering if I was getting paid. I was never told how much I was going to make, just assumed it would be comparable. It wasn't. The recruiter said I was an excellent nurse and he would submit to the facility that I wanted X amount of dollars for my pay. After not hearing anything for a week, I contacted the recruiter who told me, "If you want more money, go to the hospital and ask for it." To add insult to injury, I was offered a job at this place and they would pay me $5 an hour more than what I make as a traveler (we make good money). After sharing my frustration with all of this, my recruiter will not take my calls or speak to me. I share my concerns with the secretary. What options do I have? Is this legal practice? I have another month to go here and I am good at what I do. I feel like I am flying solo and really don't know what to do.

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

To learn more about your rights as a an employee, you may wish to visit the Employment Law Center as a good resource.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users