Jump to content


Nevada Clark County D.A's office in trying to serve a subpoena

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shannonm315


    New Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

The "Criminal Investigator" (process server) for the district attorney's office has been trying to serve me a subpoena to be present at a prelim. hearing in a few weeks as a witness to a crime. I have been served before by this same person over the phone and via fax, at the last minute.

For some reason this guy is making it out to seem as though I am eluding him. Not one phone call from him to my phone... he has my number and sent a text saying "please call me" but never identified who he was. For 3 days straight he has been at my apartment beating down my door and asking my roommates all sorts of questions about where I am and who they are and who the pay rent to...

He doesn't know where I currently work, and they don't feel comfortable telling him because he tries to act like a cop with his badge he flashes. He has been at my boyfriend's house and my mom's house. I am honestly not avoiding the guy-- i am on the move constantly from all 3 of these locations, and I work during the day--I just feel like he is out of line though telling my mom that if she doesn't tell him where I work than the next time she will hear from me is when I am calling her from jail to bail me out. I try to leave my mom out of all my court matters, especially those criminal and involving my boyfriend. Him telling her this stresses her out and she has high blood pressure and anxiey and she won't sleep a wink at night because she cares about her children.

The most disturbing part of all of this is that this stalker/bully has not one single time tried to call me on my cell phone till today, when he tried a 3 way call with my mom on the phone while i was at work, where i cannot be talking on my cell phone. He told my mom that he has repeatedly tried to call me and told her that I am hiding inside when he comes knocking on doors and wont come out, which is a total lie. Can he really take me to jail because he can't seem to catch up with me? I have every intention of cooperating but am so offended and appalled by his actions that i am in no hurry to let him serve me. What can I do? The District Attorney's office has already disrespected me and yelled at me like I am some small child because they didn't like what I had to say about what I witnessed. Should I get my own attorney?

#2 doucar


    Gold Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Did you ever think of calling him and setting up a place for him to serve you? You knew he was looking for you, so it appears (at least from what you posted) that you are making no effort to cooperate with him. BTW the DA's investigator is a law enforcement officer.

#3 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,410 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

What can I do?

You obviously can do thousands of things. However, since you know the guy is trying to serve you, and since you "have every intention of cooperating," why not just call him and arrange for a time and place so you can be served?

Should I get my own attorney?

You certainly can. Whether you "should" is something that cannot be determined without any knowledge of relevant facts regarding the nature of the case and your involvement.

#4 adjusterjack


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

You're blowing this way out of proportion.

Looking at it from his point of view, it does seem that you and everbody you know is trying to keep him away from you.

Stop whining and call him up to arrange to accept service. Should have done that at the getgo.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#5 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

This is a matter you may wish to consult with a local Lawyer to advise you of your rights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users