wat are my rights

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrisjmiller1970

chrisjmiller1970

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

On September 28 we cancelled our service, then on September 30th we get a call from someone at **** trying to get us back, we said no we are with **** now. He informed me of the early cancellation fee..and told me a bold face lie...that they offer a payment plan of $25.00 a month to pay that off...I agreed and today we get a bill in the mail for $68.00! I called and was hung up on, and told that if I go to our online account page we can email the CEO (another lie). FINALLY a man told me that on 9/30 this LIAR reconnected our service (without our permission) and dropped our package to the lowest one available. So here our service has been on since 9/30, without our knowledge or permission AND WE STILL HAVE TO PAY for that service AND there is NO PAYMENT PLAN for the cancellation fee and NOW to disconnect we need to pay $260.00!! I AM CALLING AN ATTORNEY! If you are thinking of getting ***.RUN...CALL *** and get ****! It is better and they are NOTHING BUT LIARS at****!Do i have a case.

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 05 December 2012 - 09:55 AM.
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,060 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

A case of what?

You're obviously not liable to pay for a service that you cancelled. Whether you're liable for a cancellation fee depends entirely on the terms of your contract. That someone may have given you incorrect information is neither here nor there and certainly doesn't give you any sort of affirmative claim.

#3 chrisjmiller1970

chrisjmiller1970

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

I understand what u are saying but my concern is that once we cancelled it back in Oct they called my wife and claimed that they could set us up on a payment plan to pay off the early termination fee so we agreed to that not for them to cut the service back on with out are permission so now for them to disconnect it again they want us to pay the bill from when they cut it back on and the $200 termination fee first off they did some shady stuff and I should not be liable for any thing

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

You may wish to consult with a local Consumer Protection Lawyer to address this matter. Many lawyer do offer a free consultation.

#5 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,060 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Ok. So if you get a bill for something for which you don't think you should be liable, don't pay it, and respond with a letter explaining what happened.

#6 disabled4life

disabled4life

Bronze Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Yeah it is up to THEM to prove that you asked for and/or are liable for what they are stating your ordered. They need to show a contract/agreement that you signed. If you did order something you better pull out the contract and find out EXACTLY what the procedure is for cancellation. Some gyms/health clubs especially have excessive terms for cancellation (like 3 months in advance etc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users