Online Yard Sale?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cshepa84

cshepa84

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hi, I am trying to find out if I can make a website for an online yard sale. All purchases would be made in person, and no money would be exchanged online, but do I need a buisness liscense for a yard sale advertized on a website?

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,236 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hi, I am trying to find out if I can make a website for an online yard sale.

We obviously have no way of knowing if you have that ability.

do I need a buisness liscense for a yard sale advertized on a website?

Rather obviously, it depends on the laws of your unidentified state and locality. Where I live, laws governing yard sales/garage sales are made at the local level. I suggest you look up the local ordinances for your city/town/county.

#3 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hi, I am trying to find out if I can make a website for an online yard sale. All purchases would be made in person, and no money would be exchanged online, but do I need a buisness liscense for a yard sale advertized on a website?

That's kind of a silly idea. People are going to want to see stuff up close before they buy it.

Makes more sense to advertise on Craigslist with the date and time.

You can post up to 8 photos on Craigslist to show all your stuff if you want to.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

What state is this concerning? Are you just posting pictures of your items online?

#5 cshepa84

cshepa84

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

I live in Tennessee. I wanted to post photos and pricing, that way I don't have to drag everything out of storage if some of it isn't going to sell.

#6 jgower

jgower

Bronze Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

I don't see that your business is different than eBay or any of the many other resale web sites, so go ahead and get a business license and start selling!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users