Extended Car Warranty Refund

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.FixIt

Mr.FixIt

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

New York State auto dealer refuses to refund an extended car warranty because the price of the warranty was included in the cost of the car and not listed as separate cost. Corporate will not help with a dealer's contract with a customer; will not comment on dealer practice of hiding warranty cost within price of the car.

Aside from the warranty contract, which indicates clearly that the warranty is refundable, is there any other law or argument that can be used in Small Claims Court to force the dealer to honor the warranty contract?

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

This issue is very difficult to address without having read the detailed contents of the contract. You may wish to have a local New York Contracts Lawyer look over your contract for possible options. Many lawyers do offer a free consultation.

#3 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

New York State auto dealer refuses to refund an extended car warranty because the price of the warranty was included in the cost of the car and not listed as separate cost. Corporate will not help with a dealer's contract with a customer; will not comment on dealer practice of hiding warranty cost within price of the car.

Aside from the warranty contract, which indicates clearly that the warranty is refundable, is there any other law or argument that can be used in Small Claims Court to force the dealer to honor the warranty contract?

Was the warranty issued by the dealer or by a third party warranty company. Should say so on the warranty papers.

If it was issued and backed by the dealer then all you need is the contract terms when you go to court.

If the warranty was issued and backed by a third party warranty company then the dealer is out of the picture and you deal with the warranty company.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users