Violation of collective bargaining agreement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anJaycee

anJaycee

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Who do you talk to/where do you go when the union and employer conspire to violate the collective bargaining agreement?

Numerous issues have been brought to the union delegate (job duties, working conditions, hiring practices, disciplinary actions, etc) but they are never addressed. In most instances the union delegate agrees with the employer and fails to represent the union member. Attempts have been made to go beyond the union delegate & talk to someone at the main office but phone calls are never returned? It is at the point where there is little to no representation for union workers. I've read some info about NLRA/NLRB & LMRA but I'm sure someone else has probably been down this road before. Any suggestions where to start? Thanks

#2 NewYorkEmploymentAttorney

NewYorkEmploymentAttorney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

You should consider meeting with an employment attorney. It sounds like you may wish to file with the National Labor Relations Board ("NLRB")

www.QueensEmploymentAttorney.com
Posted ImageThis answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to matters in New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us at our website: www.QueensEmploymentAttorney.com or via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/EmployAttorney) or Facebook (http://www.facebook....RicottaandMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,897 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Talk with a local labor/employment attorney.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

I agree with the previous poster, you may wish to consult with a local Employment Lawyer to advise you further on this matter.

#5 greendiamond9

greendiamond9

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

i preferred charges 9 times against the president of my union and 9 times the executive board excused the charges in violation of the bylaws i contacted the OLMS and they refuse to help saying it is not against the law however i found plenty of federal cases where it is a violation of the law so i had to prefer cahrges on the oig olms and union officials for conspiring to violate my civil rights will let you know how that works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users