Let go don"t work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JonWain

JonWain

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

I was laid off ,He said "because he could keep two people for what he pays me. That i would one of the first he would call back." A week later i applied to another company. The previous company was not verifying my history. They asked me to go and try to light a fire under them to rush them up. So i did. I got there he hhas hired a few more people. I asked for th verification, He says he didn't know were to find it. Upon searching for myself I found an Unauthorized person searching my file. I confronted the superviser about it. Another person in the office states that they didn't want to tell the company im applying to i fell a drug test. WHT SHOULD I DO?

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Your previous employer has absolutely no legal obligation to verify your history.

I hope you filed for unemployment when you were laid off. If not, then I suggest you do so immediately.

Then keep job hunting if you can't get the one you applied for.

Once your former employer realizes that you are on unemployment (if you qualify) I'm guessing that verifications will be more forthcoming in the future.

However, if you actually did fail a drug test, the employer really does have the option of revealing it.

Meantime, nobody is doing anything illegal.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

What would you like done about this matter? To learn more about your rights as an employee, you may wish to visit the Employment Law Center as a good resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users