Ex Holding processions for money

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wibear

wibear

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

My ex boyfriend who I was engaged to paid off my car loan and credit card after we got engaged, he did this without my knowledge or me asking him to do it. Now he is holding my possessions from me and said that he is taking me to small claims if I don't pay him back. I don't have any assets and I only make ten dollars an hour. What he did was a gift an on his own, does he have any grounds in small claims court? He is also demanding money for the time I was out of work which was before he asked me to move in with him. He already kept the little money I had saved for bills and Xmas, he is refusing to pay any of the cable bill because it is in my name. He took the house key right away so I can't get any of my furniture and other household items. We both live in Wisconsin.

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

To learn more about small claims court, you may wish to visit the Wisconsin Court System: Wisconsin Guide to Small Claims Court as a good resource.

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,812 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

does he have any grounds in small claims court?

Well...as you tell the story, obviously not. However, we probably can safely assume that he'll tell a different story if and when it goes to court. Needless to say, we can't possibly speak with any intelligence about the outcome without hearing his story or knowing what evidence he might offer.

He is also demanding money for the time I was out of work which was before he asked me to move in with him.

Huh? How could you being out of work entitle him to any money? You can't be explaining this ver well because this makes no sense at all.

If I were you, I would be proactive and sue for your property that you claim he is wrongfully holding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users