Photo

Walked out of a bogus performance review. Not sure of my options. In California.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bill2knowls

bill2knowls

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I am full-time in a professional environment. My performance appraisal from a year ago was quite excellent. I haven't changed. However, my manager changed. He just sat me down for a performance review. The issues being raised were bogus, such as I didn't follow a certain procedure, when no such procedure exists. They listed items that were vague, a non-issue at the time, and were out of proportion of what actually happened, yet excluded items (e.g. complaints) which reflected the politics I deal with and they (mgmt chain) sided with me. Anyway, I walked out of the performance appraisal stating I was sick. What are my options?

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,786 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

I don't understand your question, and your post raises no legal issues. Can you clarify?

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

What would you like done about this matter?

#4 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I am full-time in a professional environment. My performance appraisal from a year ago was quite excellent. I haven't changed. However, my manager changed. He just sat me down for a performance review. The issues being raised were bogus, such as I didn't follow a certain procedure, when no such procedure exists. They listed items that were vague, a non-issue at the time, and were out of proportion of what actually happened, yet excluded items (e.g. complaints) which reflected the politics I deal with and they (mgmt chain) sided with me. Anyway, I walked out of the performance appraisal stating I was sick. What are my options?

Options?

Just one.

Start looking for another job.

You're probably going to lose this one.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users