abandoned

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lilshy6996

lilshy6996

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

I live in Kansas. The house next to me has been empty for over two years. I have been mowing,raking ect. I would like to know the legal way to buy it. I have contacted the county and the owner that is listed is deceased. There are taxes owed for the last two years. There is not any bank listed. I believe the house was paid for.

#2 badluckshleprock

badluckshleprock

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Get any info. you can from the county tax office , call realters or title companys, do a serch on the reg. owners name , you can even look in the phone book for the last name and start calling...i,v found people's relatives / houses just by using my nateural. resorces.
county court house for will recorded if any may help... if no airs , it rolles over to some state or county fund here in oregon.
good luck.

B.L
Shleprock

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

If you are interested in the property, you may wish to consult with a local Kansas Real Estate Lawyer to advise you further on how to proceed.

#4 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,393 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

The house next to me has been empty for over two years. . . . I would like to know the legal way to buy it. I have contacted the county and the owner that is listed is deceased. There are taxes owed for the last two years. There is not any bank listed. I believe the house was paid for.

The starting point would be to determine whether the estate of the owner of record was probated. You can look into that at the local probate court. If not, see if you can determine who the owner's heirs were and contact them. At the end of the day, your best bet will be to hire a local real estate attorney as previously suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users