Jump to content


Going back to court for full custody.

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Girlpower09


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

My Ex and I have 50/50 custody and I live in IL. I recently found out from my 2 oldest sons that my Ex-husband is drinking everynight and doing drugs. What kind of proof do I need or is the childrens word enough to get full custody and get them away from the enviorment?

#2 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,185 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

We cannot begin to know whether your children's testimony alone would be sufficient for a modification of your custody/visitation order. You'll need to speak with a local family law attorney about that.

#3 Girlpower09


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Thank you trying to get a lawyer at this time. My youngest son has been tardy for school every since we had joint custody.

#4 FindLaw_Amir


    Platinum Contributor

  • Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

You may wish to use the Illinois Family Law Lawyers Directory to locate a local lawyer to advise you further on this matter. I also suggest you visit the Family Law Center and read Child Custody as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users