Jump to content


spousal support/contempt/florida

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 divorcediva


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

I have been divorced for almost a year. in that time, my ex has been in contempt 8 times for failure to pay court ordered support (mandated by judge's ruling as our case was tried in court).
so far, every time i have filed motion of contempt, and at the 11th hour he pays owed monies but i am left with the legal bills incurred.
this has been his tactic while waiting for court date on his request to modify support amount.
other than constantly having to file motions of contempt, which has now become unaffordable, how can i get final judgment to be enforced?

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

To learn more about this subject matter, you may wish to visit the Family Law Center: Child Support and read Child Sport Enforcement as a good resource.

#3 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,734 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

You should be able to have your ex's wages garnished for the support payments. Consult with local counsel about how to get that done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users