• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dianel60

dianel60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Maybe someone can direct me to the right recourse, I have an attorney, Mr ***who is with the***** law firm, he is the estate's attorney, I know his first priority is with the best interest of the estate of my deceased mother, he stated that he would do the accounting and produce the final ledger to the beneficiary's, my brother and I, that was in March of 2012, he has all the reciepts, my brother wants to purchase the house, the attorney says to wait until the ledger is presented to us, if the attorney's best interest is in the estate, then why is he letting this much time go by? He has a retainer already and slowly as the executor, I have had to pay the tax's and insurance for a vacant dwelling, my brother could already own the house by now, there is also a monthly expense for a grounds keeper so that I don't receive tickets or be sued for some one slipping and falling on wet leaves and the snow will be coming. I have placed numerous phone calls and sent many emails, Mr **** will not return my calls or emails. Mr **** knows there is not enough money in the estate account to obtain another attorney, I am between a rock and a hard place. Would this be cosidered unethical behavior? If it is, who is the responsible party, Mr *** or Distrabates? Who can I bring this to to get a resolution? If more info is needed, please ask me, don't place sarcastic remarks. thank you

disgusted about NJ lawyers

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 26 November 2012 - 08:08 AM.
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator

#2 doucar

doucar

Bronze Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Contact the managing partner in the law firm and set an appointment to sit down and explain your concerns to him/her.

#3 dianel60

dianel60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Contact the managing partner in the law firm and set an appointment to sit down and explain your concerns to him/her.

Thank You I am at my witt's end here, what if they decide to do nothing or dismsiss me as a client, has the attorney, in the eyes of the ethics committee done anything wrong, I have never had to deal with an attorney and right now I am very thankful for that!

#4 marwird

marwird

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

When you have a dispute or want certain actions performed, it is best to write your attorney a letter listing exactly what you are expecting to get out of your case, the tasks you expect them to pursue, and also any questions you may have regarding your case, defense, or the process. Keep a copy of the letter, make a copy of the envelope after you get it post dated, and then mail it. This way you have documented evidence of the fact that you communicated your wishes to your attorney. An attorney has to follow the direction of their client as long as it is legal and not illegal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users