paying traffic tickets ..leading up to final payment date. Los Angeles

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dgj429

dgj429

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

WENT TO COURT ALREADY AND RECIEVED MY ONE TIME EXTENSION. MY DATE TO HAVE TICKET PAYED IN FULL IS 12 17 2012 havent made any payments. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE ANOTHER COURT DATE TO BUY TIME, NOR ALLOWS ME THE ABILITY TO TO OBTAIN A PAYMENT EXTENSION.

1) CAN I SETUP A PAYMENT SCH. NOW WITH THE CASHIERS OFFICE EVEN THOUGH THE TICKET IS DUE ON 12 17 2012?

2)CAN I GO IN AND REQUEST ANOTHER COURT DATE IN PERSON

#2 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

1) CAN I SETUP A PAYMENT SCH. NOW WITH THE CASHIERS OFFICE EVEN THOUGH THE TICKET IS DUE ON 12 17 2012?

You can ask but the clerks don't have the power to change what the court ordered.

2)CAN I GO IN AND REQUEST ANOTHER COURT DATE IN PERSON

You can try but there's no guarantee that you'd even get a date in time, let alone that the court would give you an extension when you haven't made a single payment. Consult local counsel.

#3 dgj429

dgj429

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

1)im not trying to change what the court has ordered....just to setup a payment sch. that exeeds the final payment date.... can i do this?

2)setting up the court date is just a way to buy more time not to get a date before or on the final payment date........they ususally set court dates 3 to 4months out probably will not get an extension which is fine the court date itself is an extension. can i setup another court date when i already had one?

#4 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

1. You should have set up a payment schedule with the court. The clerks have NO authority to arrange it without the court's prior approval.

2. You have a due date. Any new court date you get is NOT an extention. Fail to have the entire amount paid on time will result in a failure to pay being reported to DMV and an immediate suspension of your license AND there will be another fine for failing to pay when you do get to court.

#5 badluckshleprock

badluckshleprock

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Some times you can contact the issuing judges chambers and you can talk with his secretery.
it worked for me a couple times in my youth., however,BY NOT MAKING ANY PAYMENT TO DATE DOSNT SHOW GOOD FAITH and dosnt put you in good light from the courts view!!

B.L
Shleprock

#6 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

have you contacted the court clerk to address this matter?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users