minor in posession (marijuana)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tentwenty

tentwenty

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

In september i was 17 and got pulled over and they found a little over a gram of marijauna. The juvi was full they had said, so I was let go; now 2 months later i am 18 and i have court wednesday for posession of less than 40 grams of marijauna. I have never been in any kind of trouble, no tickets or anything, so my question is what kind of penalties am I looking at? and also, will i be considered an adult or a minor? I don't want to miss any school and i also can't lose my job so i am hoping no jail-time...thanks in advance for any help given

#2 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

The answer to all your questions depend entirely upon state law and you did not identify a state. Consult local counsel.

#3 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

What state is this matter concerning?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#4 Legal_Balla

Legal_Balla

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

I agree you must hire a local criminal defense lawyer to assist you. Do not attempt to represent yourself in this matter. There are too many long-term risks.

#5 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

I agree with the previous poster, if you have not done so already, you may want to consult with a local Criminal Defense Lawyer to advise you of your rights regarding this matter.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users