Photo

Dish on the roof collected 12m last yr for broken contracts.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lin263

Lin263

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

I like millions of others agreed to a contract for 2 yrs. Little did I know at the time that if they could not install at a new place for me, I had to pay $338. I think the price is right now. The is smart money making but dumb when we finally catch on to what they are doing, and maybe someone would know how to start a class action which according to their contract, we cant do that. Even the Attorney General cant help.

I sent an email to one of the ceo;s (forget who) at **** explaining my situation, but have not and prob will not hear back.

***8 seems to have a plan to just take it out of my checking account. I understood somewhere along the line that money can not be taken from Social Security and Veterans Checks. It was also explained that they will anyway and you cant afford to fight them to get your money back.

I dont know how other services of this type handle their contracts and broken contracts, but I believe its time to take a stand. $12,000,000.00 is just a little over the top to add to their profits. (do I need another set of 0's?). I know that as Americans we are in a mess, and no one really cares if you survive or not, but we can stop it if someone can figure out how.

sorry, I think I was blowing off steam. also computer dieing.

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 19 November 2012 - 01:33 PM.
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

I like millions of others agreed to a contract for 2 yrs. Little did I know at the time that if they could not install at a new place for me, I had to pay $338.

And like millions of others, you probably didn't read your contract very thoroughly.

maybe someone would know how to start a class action which according to their contract, we cant do that.

I can't imagine a contract provision like that being enforceable. Does it say exactly that? If not, then what does it say that makes you think you can't start a class action?

Even the Attorney General cant help.

That's because they aren't doing anything illegal.

I sent an email to one of the ceo;s (forget who) at **** explaining my situation, but have not and prob will not hear back.

No surprise there.

***8 seems to have a plan to just take it out of my checking account. I understood somewhere along the line that money can not be taken from Social Security and Veterans Checks. It was also explained that they will anyway and you cant afford to fight them to get your money back.

Social Security and Veterans checks are exempt from judgment. But to be exempt from judgment there would have to have been a lawsuit and a judgment. You don't say so but I doubt if that happened. What I think happened (and you can confirm this) is that you allowed automatic payments to be made out of your checking account and, as long as they have that bank account information they have access to your money.

The solution is to close the account and move your deposits into another bank (not just another branch) so they can't get to it.

I dont know how other services of this type handle their contracts and broken contracts, but I believe its time to take a stand. $12,000,000.00 is just a little over the top to add to their profits. (do I need another set of 0's?). I know that as Americans we are in a mess, and no one really cares if you survive or not, but we can stop it if someone can figure out how.

sorry, I think I was blowing off steam. also computer dieing.

I understand that you are blowing off steam.

But the way to "take a stand" is to thoroughly read and understand contracts before you sign them and don't sign them if you don't agree with the terms or don't understand the terms.

That's why Americans are in a mess. Because they don't read what they sign.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

I can't imagine a contract provision like that being enforceable. Does it say exactly that? If not, then what does it say that makes you think you can't start a class action?

What you'll commonly see in consumer contracts is a requirement to resolve the matter by arbitration. Some contracts will provide a limited exception for the requirement to go to arbitration for matters brought in small claims court or perhaps another court so long as the claim is brought individually, i.e. not on a class action basis. These arbitration provisions are generally enforceable and effectively preclude class action claims.

#4 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,336 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

I think I was blowing off steam.

I sure hope so because very little of what you wrote is coherent and your post contained no questions.

I like millions of others agreed to a contract for 2 yrs.

A contract for what.

Little did I know at the time that if they could not install at a new place for me

Who are "they"?

The is smart money making but dumb when we finally catch on to what they are doing, and maybe someone would know how to start a class action which according to their contract, we cant do that.

Huh?

Probably not. CEOs rarely deal with mundane consumer complaints.

I understood somewhere along the line that money can not be taken from Social Security and Veterans Checks. It was also explained that they will anyway and you cant afford to fight them to get your money back.

Again, this is awfully cryptic, and I don't know who "they" are. As far as what you "understood somewhere along the line," money from the sources you mentioned is exempt from execution of a civil money judgment.

$12,000,000.00 is just a little over the top to add to their profits. (do I need another set of 0's?). I know that as Americans we are in a mess, and no one really cares if you survive or not, but we can stop it if someone can figure out how.

Again, I have no clue what you're talking about, but I'm not sure who you are to decide how much profit a business may make.

#5 Lin263

Lin263

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Aw, I just lost my msg to you. Thank you for information that I needed.

Is a contract and an agreement the same thing?

Thank you for any infomation you may have for me.

#6 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,336 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Is a contract and an agreement the same thing?

Depends on the context. Sometimes the terms are used interchangeably. Technically, however, they are different. In the most basic terms, a contract is an agreement supported by consideration (consideration being what the parties do for each other).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users