• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kentuckywoman_1952

Kentuckywoman_1952

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Can you tell me what the Illinois law is regarding harrassment in the work place by a fellow management co-worker? I have a management co-worker that is bent on destroying the senior leader of our organization. Recently I was asked point blank if I was with him in his charge or against him in his quest. When I stated that I was against him, he wasn't too pleased and stated that some things may come out that I've said in previous conversations. He recently drug me through the mud in an open forum/meeting among our board members and put me on the defensive with having to explain my position with a delay in processing some of his work. This was not the proper means with which to address this and this issue has been addressed with our superior. Lack of staffing and being short handed, with the organization not being in a financial position to hire more staff, is something that is not within my control. He rides me constantly and aggravates me about needing his work completed. I feel that his attack on me in front of the Board was in retaliation to my not being on his side with his quest to destroy our boss. Is there anything that I can do legally in Illinois?

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

What would you like done about this matter regarding your co-worker?

#3 Kentuckywoman_1952

Kentuckywoman_1952

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

What are my options?

#4 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,878 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Sorry, but I don't see that anything in your post raises any legal issues. In-fighting and petty conduct between members of management isn't illegal. Nor does it fall with any reasonable definition of the term "harassment."

#5 Kentuckywoman_1952

Kentuckywoman_1952

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

What about defamation of character issues?

#6 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

To learn more about defamation, you may wish to read Defamation Law: The Basics as a good resource.

#7 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,878 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

What about defamation of character issues?

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but your original post does not suggest any defamation issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users