Photo

commission paid EMPLOYEE but not recieving any wages when i dont make commission

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coffeegirl03

coffeegirl03

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

i just found out that my employer is liable in paying me at least minimum wage when i dont get any commission. should i confront her or quit and file a complaint with the labor board?? i have been working here for almost 3months and have only grossed about $500.00 and i work no less than 43hours a week.

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,837 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Why do you want anonymous strangers making decisions for you?

#3 coffeegirl03

coffeegirl03

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

i never said i would do what someone "thinks i should do" i just would like to hear peoples point of views. im not trying to hurt my employer, but i know what she did is not right and maybe she wasnt even aware of it....

#4 NewYorkEmploymentAttorney

NewYorkEmploymentAttorney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

If you are in New York State, you should contact an employment attorney in your area and arrange a free consultation immediately to go over the specifics of your claim and explore your options. You can keep your job and pursue your claim for wages simultaneously,

www.QueensEmploymentAttorney.com
Posted ImageThis answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to matters in New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us at our website: www.QueensEmploymentAttorney.com or via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/EmployAttorney) or Facebook (http://www.facebook....RicottaandMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

#5 coffeegirl03

coffeegirl03

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

thanks but i am not in NY im in NC. and i believe once my employer is aware of this, she will not want me working for her any longer...

#6 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

To learn more about your rights as an employee, you may wish to visit he Employment Law Center as a good resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users