Jump to content



  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ne14cnb


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I took my 98 Jeep Cherokee to have a few minor thing done. He keep my jeep for 3 weeks and at least 4 days my jeep was gone from the repair shop. During the time he had my jeep he was steadily taking other vehicles and fixing them that day. His shop is on main rd and i pass it several times a day. I go to pick up my jeep and he is out, his dad is there and proceeds to tell me that 3 or 4 people have asked if my jeep was for sale. Told him no, he say what the people liked about it is it is a 5 speed. I thought how strange for him to say that. I go to start my jeep and it takes three times to catch and is running like timing off. He said, did it do that before, I said no, He said he noticed that it had to warm up for a few minutes but then ran fine. It didnt run like that when i took it there. I sorta blew it off caue i was leave for fla. The next day I look under the hood and the undercarriage and I knew I had been screwed. There are parts missing. And he switched my coloum n steering out. reason I no for a fact is, I am the 2nd owner off it and the guy I bought it from was an officer in air force. It was immaculate, now there is a 3 r 4 inch gap where my steering wheel meets column and when u turned the key off you had to slide a black plastic piece back to remove my keys from ignition. Now it is a metal push button, but you dnt have to use the button because all the sudden my key pulls out of the ignition, never did before i took it there. I want to press charges on him and make him pay for the parts missing and the parts switched. So I need a civil suit lawyer? How do I go about this?

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

You may wish to use the Lawyers Directory to locate a local Lawyer willing to advise you further on this claim.

#3 adjusterjack


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,309 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

If you want to "press charges" you call the police and report the crime. Just understand that people don't "press charges", the authorities do. All you can do is report the theft of parts and it's up to the authorities whether or not to prosecute.

If you want to sue you are first going to have to find out what it will cost to restore the car to it's previous condition.

Depending on the amount you can do it in small claims court without a lawyer if you want to.

Although it couldn't hurt to consult one. Just be aware that, if you use a lawyer, you will have to pay his fees and you won't get them back in a civil suit.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users