Jump to content


set back rules?

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dlstoo


    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

I live in Texas and am looking for property in my hometown. I found a lot big enough to build a house on but it is right off of a hi-way Does anyone know the laws on the set back distance from the hi-way or does this vary from county to county? If so, who would I contact to find out the rules? I have made several calls to the court house in my county and nobody seems to know where to direct me.

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

This is an issue you may wish to consult with a local Texas Real Estate Lawyer to address.

#3 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,688 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

It will vary from locality to locality. I'm not sure why you would contact the courthouse. Contact the local building and planning office (although the specific name of the proper place to contact probably will also vary from locality to locality).

#4 adjusterjack


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

The department where you would get a building permit is the place that would have the information you seek.

Google your town with the words building permit and you'll get right to the website where you can probably look up the codes online or you can pay a visit to their offices.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users