PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gr0812

gr0812

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

A couple weeks ago, my ex and I got into an arugment. I was picking up my son and he spit in my face as I was leaving.

Just to get back at him, I called the police and filed a complaint.

Can I drop this? It was stupid and I was mad at the time, but I'd rather there not be a case, and I'd rather the police not waste their time on something so minute.

Thanks for your assistance.

#2 Legal_Balla

Legal_Balla

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Once you called the police you started the "wheels of justice" in motion. Sometimes those wheels are difficult to stop. However, I'd recommend you hire a criminal defense lawyer for your husband to be his advocate and help you both navigate these dangerous waters. Depending upon the jurisdiction, prosecutors will have office policies dictating the resolution of domestic assault cases. A defense lawyer familiar these policies and the prosecutor can help your husband.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

I agree with the previous poster, your ex may wish to consult with a local Criminal Defense Lawyer to advise him of his rights regarding this matter.

#4 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,264 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

I was picking up my son and he spit in my face as I was leaving.

Just to get back at him, I called the police and filed a complaint.

You called the police because your child spit in your face while you were picking him up? How old is your child? For what purpose were you picking him up?

Can I drop this?

It's not clear what "this" refers to. You didn't say what the police did in response to your complaint or whether the matter has gone beyond the police.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users