Jump to content


compensate me for the damage

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scratches


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

I have a similar situation and cannot get **** to compensate me for the damage to my hardwood floor
from the delivery of a refrigerator. **** sent an inspector and flooring company to evaluate the damage.
I haven't received the compensation they said they would cover.

I get the run around from customer service where they say a check
will be in the mail, but it never comes. Then I start the sequence of calls and never get compensated.
It's been going on for over a year now. What is the answer to getting **** to pay for the damage?

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 15 November 2012 - 12:24 PM.
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator

#2 adjusterjack


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,309 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

What is the answer to getting **** to pay for the damage?

You file a lawsuit in small claims court if the cost of the damage is within the small claims limit.

However, one way to possibly get them moving is to write a demand letter and attach a completed small claims complaint form to show that you mean business and give them a deadline date. Just make sure you are willing and able to follow through with the lawsuit if they don't pay by the deadline.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,699 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

I have a similar situation

Similar to what?

What is the answer to getting **** to pay for the damage?

If someone owes you money and won't pay voluntarily, your recourse is to sue. Did you really not know that?

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I agree with the previous poster, you may file a claim in small claims court. Small claims courts resolve disputes over small amounts of money. While the maximum amount that can be claimed differs from state to state, court procedures are generally simple, inexpensive, quick and informal. Court fees are minimal, and you often get your filing fee back if you win your case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users