Interlock License and Passport

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pjcIII

pjcIII

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

I have a valid interlock license but my regular drivers license has expired. Is my passport legal id to accompany the interlock license while driving or do I need to get another license or ID card issued? Thanks for any help. This is in Washington state.

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

To learn more about this subject matter, you may want to visit the Washington State Department of Licensing: Ignition Interlock Driver License (IIL) as a good resource.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#3 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

The simplest way to find out is to contact the WA department of licensing. You can find the contact information for the office near you at this link: https://fortress.wa....sdoffices/?menu CALL them and ask.

#4 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

I have a valid interlock license but my regular drivers license has expired. Is my passport legal id to accompany the interlock license while driving or do I need to get another license or ID card issued? Thanks for any help. This is in Washington state.

Or walk into your local DMV and ask.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users