Jump to content


support & custody

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nanny2007


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

why was my son ordered to pay child support when we, as in me and my husband and son(daddy) have the child in our home 4 nights a week and some times more? ex. three weeks in july and no the mother is not at work. even when the child is with the mother she leaves her with other people. because she does not like being tied down with the child. the mother has no patients with the child she calls the child a bratt. she moves a strange guy in her home after knowing him for 2 weeks. the mother is in it for the public assistant and child support. i witnessed personally how the child support is used and it is not for the child.

#2 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,395 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Your post is impossibly vague. It sounds like your son and some woman to whom your son is not married have a child together, and that you provide care for the child four days a week.

Why should your son have to pay child support under such circumstances? Well...we should start by noting that he has no legal obligation to pay child support unless his paternity has been established and the court has entered an order that obligates him to pay? Have those things happened? It's not at all evident from your post one way or the other.

If a child support order exists, then he needs to pay because the court ordered him to do so. It's as simple as that. Such an order would necessarily be premised on the mother having custody, and nothing in your post suggests that's not true. That you (the paternal grandparents) provide care for the child (while the mother is at work presumably) is completely irrelevant. You suggest that the mother also "leaves [the child] with other people," but your post is completely silent as to how often that occurs and for how long it happens. For all I know, the mother leaves the child in the care of her next-door neighbor so that she can go grocery shopping.

If your son believes that the facts are such that custody should be changed so that he has custody, he is free to petition the court accordingly. Also, if there is a daycare element to the child support order that he believes should be eliminated because you are providing free daycare, he free to petition for that as well. He would be wise to consult with a local family law attorney about these things.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Is there a child support order in place? To learn more about child support, you may wish to visit the Family Law Center and read Child Support as a good resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users