Jump to content


Change of custody

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 proudmomof3


    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

How hard is it for custody to get changed back? The custodial parent (has full custody) has never done what the courts asked (medically, eye doctor, or dentists) for three years now (resulting in a rotted tooth, cavities, and eye glasses),changed the kids schools-resulting in academic failing, and the cops are constantly involved because the custodial parent won't let the other parent get the kids when allowed to by the court papers. The other parent with visitation rights has taken the kids every year, six months and had any problems fixed. Attended parent teacher conferences and the custodial parent has not. The children have always wanted to live with the other parent.

#2 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,688 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

When you ask about getting custody "changed back," that implies that the parent who is now the NCP used to be the CP and that custody was changed at some point in the past.

Unfortunately, because your post is silent regarding the prior custody change -- including how long ago it happened and why and the state where this is happening -- it is impossible to address your question. It's also worth noting that there is no meaningful way to answer a "how hard is it" question.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Could you please clarify your legal issue for the community to address?

#4 proudmomof3


    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Custody was changed over two years ago and in Illinois. Poorly represented by attorney. Psychologist suggested kids should be with the NCP and lawyer never submitted that in court. Medical records of neglect were never submitted either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users