dubious claim and intent to sue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 justjoe_10

justjoe_10

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Edit/Summary: I didn't return a call for information (my address) in time, from a claimant.

Question 1: Am I in a liable for not calling back?
Question 2: Should I call my insurance company about this, and/or should I call the owner back?

I would appreciate any insights/advice or previous experience.

#2 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

You did not identify a state. Your state may require that in the event of an accident you provide the other driver your name, address, driver's license number and insurer information. You'll need to check your state's laws.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

What state is this matter concerning? To learn more about this subject matter, you may visit the Accidents and Injuries Center and read Car Accidents as a good resource.

#4 justjoe_10

justjoe_10

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the replies, this was in Virginia.

#5 Accident_Injury_Helpline

Accident_Injury_Helpline

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

In Australia your entitlements to a common law claim (or negligence claim) will also VERY MUCH depend on the State or Territory of injury. For example in NSW there are thresholds which means your injury has to be serious i.e. 15% permanent impairment. Is it the same in the States?

#6 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,093 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

In Australia your entitlements to a common law claim (or negligence claim) will also VERY MUCH depend on the State or Territory of injury. For example in NSW there are thresholds which means your injury has to be serious i.e. 15% permanent impairment. Is it the same in the States?

If you are saying that there is no common law negligence claim -- i.e., no entitlement to any recovery -- unless the plaintiff's injuries meet a certain minimum threshhold, no, there is no law of that sort in any U.S. state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users