Service marks for certification acronyms

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AHNCCBoardMember

AHNCCBoardMember

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

We are a small, 501 c (6) Certification Board for Holistic Nurses. We need to register our service marks, e.g. Holistic Nursing-BC is HN-BC. I think our category is Class 042, Status A. My question is this: is this the category for our Board and/or can we use it for our service marks?

We are very small, and hope to do this on our own since we have 7 acronyms to register, and it is a minimum of $275/registration. Is it possible for us to do this without a lawyer?

Thanks

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,327 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

The answer to your last question is yes. The answer to your first question is that I haven't the slightest idea.

If you're going to spend a minimum of $1,925 to register seven trademarks, don't you think a few hundred more to get an informed opinion from a local attorney to make sure you do this correctly would be well-spent?

#3 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I would highly suggest you consult with local Business Organizations Lawyer to advise you further in detail about this matter.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users