Looking for RSMO Statue in re to Witness Tampering

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gunnersmith

gunnersmith

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

I will make this one short. can anyone referance the RSMO that deals with witness tampering? I just need to be pointed in the correct direction, I can figure it out from there.

Thanks,
Gunnersmith

#2 gunnersmith

gunnersmith

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

I found it. Never mind. Thanks to all anyway

#3 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

Have you read the Missouri Revised Statute: Chapter 575 Section 575.270: Tampering with a witness--tampering with a victim?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#4 gunnersmith

gunnersmith

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Yes I have and I hold a copy of Sect. 575.270 for future reference. Now I'm looking for the R.S.MO. which relates to defamation of character. I WAS going to try and let this whole issue settled down, but I just got word via cell phone my neighbor is handing out flyers which indicate that I am attempting to live trap everyone pets or something to that effect. I have also been told that he is spreading rumors(Hearsay) that I am an undercover narcotics agent, which I am NOT. This gives me great concern as that is like painting a bulls-eye on my back. So I already have filed an Ex Parte restraining Order agaisnt him, it was served on this past Tuesday, but has not been entried into the Sheriff's Department Computer system,YET. So there is nothing the Deputies are allowed to do until then. So I just keep cool, say nothing and keep the faith in the justic system, knowing that time is on my side, as long as I do nothing stupid or actionable.

I fold Chapter 509 Section 509.210. This neighbor just doesn't know that he is far out classed in the brain matter arena, I guess. But he IS going to get an very expensive education.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

#5 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,954 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Not sure why this board, but never mind. Don't presume that a prosecutor will do anything about this "witness tampering."

"Now I'm looking for the R.S.MO. which relates to defamation of character."

Not clear what it is you're looking for, precisely.

"I have also been told that he is spreading rumors(Hearsay) that I am an undercover narcotics agent, which I am NOT."

You being told he's spreading rumors is indeed hearsay for the purposes of a legal action, yes. :)

"So there is nothing the Deputies are allowed to do until then."

Completely out of context to the reader (I presume you don't mean to say that you believe they'll do something about his flyers and such.)

"I fold Chapter 509 Section 509.210. This neighbor just doesn't know that he is far out classed in the brain matter arena, I guess. But he IS going to get an very expensive education."

Oh-kay. :)

It's unclear why you think you need to find statutes. Pursuing a defamation of character action (arguably libel per se as it relates to flyers that may imply you're a criminal) is something you ought to discuss with a local civil litigation attorney (usually personal injury). It's not a DIY project by any means (and it is unclear whether in fact you have a viable case based on the few things you've said here, and you need to know it will cost many thousands to pursue for relatively little result. (One presumes, for instance, that neighbors aren't automatically stupid enough to believe X as it relates to defamation, let alone your life wind up negatively impacted as a result.)

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

#6 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

You may also be interested in reading the Missouri Revised State: Chapter 537 Torts and Actions for Damages.

Best of luck.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users