Bad Neighbors Need assistance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gunnersmith

gunnersmith

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

I reside in the State of Missouri and I am trying to locate any Revised Statues of Missouri dealing with the unathorized video/audio taping of myself while on my property, from outside of my property. I am in a despute with neighbors over them allowing the pets (cats) to roam at large , which I suspect is causing health issues for my GSD. He is allergic to flea bites. At least the vets think so. I have been treating his allergy and have him treated to repel fleas, as well as my yard.
I have posted my property as Private and No trespassing, painted trees and fence posts around the dege of the preperty with purple paint. I have started humane live trapping under my residence to trap the stray cats and surrender them into the custody of animal control. So needless to say the neighbors are upset with me. Before everyone thinks badly of me let me say the only animals I turn over to Animal Control are ones that can not be identified as to whom the ownership belongs. IMHO the neighbors are irresponsible pet owners, they do NOT have collars, rabies vaccinations, county license, or even a tag as to the pets ownership, not to mention that they allow them to run at large, which is a violation of the county leash ordinance. So now my neighbors are video and audio ez dropping on my actions and conversations on my property. I would like to post a notice stating that No video and or audio recording is allowed without my expressed consent, and would like to referance a RSMO statue, in support of my notice. Does anything thing of the nature exist? If so how or where can I find it?

Thanks for your assistance
Gunnersmith

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

You may wish to read the Missouri Revised Statutes dealing with your specific matter.

#3 gunnersmith

gunnersmith

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

That's what I am attempting to do. Can you give me a referance to a specific statue?

#4 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,393 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

I reside in the State of Missouri and I am trying to locate any Revised Statues of Missouri dealing with the unathorized video/audio taping of myself while on my property, from outside of my property.

No such thing exists. Unless we're talking about the use of infrared equipment, super sensitive microphones, or super telephoto lenses so that someone hundreds of yards away can see through windows as if he were standing in front of them, you have no control over what folks do outside of your property. It is perfectly legal to audio or video record anything that can be seen/heard as long as the person doing the recording has a legal right to be where he/she is doing it from.

I have . . . painted trees and fence posts around the dege of the preperty with purple paint.
Gunnersmith

What exactly would be the point of doing this?

So now my neighbors are video and audio ez dropping on my actions and conversations on my property.

As long as they're not on your property while doing that, it's perfectly legal. If you don't want to be overheard, I suggest keeping your conversations more quiet. If you don't want to be seen, put up a fence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users