Wa. State Marijuana Law.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Krob400

Krob400

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

If my company has a drug testing policy, how does that work with the new Washington State marijuana law that will be going into affect if an employee uses recreational marijuana at his/her home the night before work?..

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

If my company has a drug testing policy, how does that work with the new Washington State marijuana law that will be going into affect if an employee uses recreational marijuana at his/her home the night before work?..

How does what work?

What new law? Can you post a link to it?

Your question is a bit vague.

Are you an employee asking if you can be fired if you show up at work and test positive?

Or are you an employer asking about your ability to fire an employee who shows up and tests positive?

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,153 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

The new law has no impact on your employer's policies. Note also that marijuana is still illegal under federal law.

#4 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

You may wish to visit the Employment Law Center and read Drug Testing at Work as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users