Intentinally

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 babu4ever

babu4ever

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

yesterday, i fell asleep on the couch while watching tv. My friend came from a party where he had like 1 or 2 beers. When i was sleeping, he decided to get a revenge(I didn't clean washroom). HE actually cut a big chunk of my hair which i loved so much. I am really upset right now because i don't feel like a person i used to be. I don't know what to do.

Do you think he did this intentionally? If you think so, can i sue him for emotional distress and assult?

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

No need to post the same question twice. Only annoys people.

Anybody can sue anybody for anything.

But you don't have any physical or medical injury and you don't have any monetary damages (you're not a hair model, are you?) so suing for emotional distress won't likely get you anywhere, unless you just want the satisfaction of hauling your friend into court for revenge. Just think twice about that because it could backfire if a judge thinks that's all you are there for.

Besides, your hair will grow back.

Meantime, go to a hair salon and get a new style that would eliminate the mess. You'd at least be able to legitimately sue for that cost. You can try for emotional distress on top of that but there's no way to predict how a judge would feel about it.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,558 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

No need to post the same question twice. Only annoys people.

Agree. Especially since you posted it twice in the span of 24 minutes.

you're not a hair model, are you?

This is a good question, which I didn't think about when I responded in the other thread. If you're a model (not necessarily a "hair model") or the damage to your hair would somehow impact your ability to earn a living, then you might have a viable claim.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

What damages did you suffer as a result of this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users