Jump to content


Impounded vehicle

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wrongfully_accused.


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

I went to a neighborhood gas station purchased pop/chips, gas and air for tires. A strange man I had not seen before was at the station and he kept looking at me and acting real fidgety. After putting gas in my mother's vehicle I pulled up to the air pump to put air in tire. The man move away from the pump but was still looking at me. Carefully watching him and putting air in my tire. I then went to hang the air hose and man was still looking. I asked if he was okay, he did not understand me and responded with what(?). I then responded by saying I said are you straight. His response was naw, so I just took it as he still did not hear what I said and I got into the car and pulled off. I went about 5 blocks up and visited an old friend simple hi and bye, then I started home. About 2 minutes later a sheriff's car pulled me over and asked me if I asked the man at the gas station for weed. I told them no and they then said that he was an undercover officer and that he siad I asked him if he had weed. I was put in the back of the car and taken to another location, once there they searched me and the car and found nothing. I asked the officer there if she could call the UC and get some clarification. When she spoke with him he said that I did not approach him, I just asked if he had weed. When she asked him waht amount did I ask for he said that I did not ask for a specific amount. I was not charged with anything or given a ticket for anything but they kept my mother's car. When she went to the prosecutor's office she was told that because she was not present she doesn't really know what I said and because they were not present they don't know what the UC heard. So her only options were pay $900, pay $250 and go to trial or just sign her car over to them.

There is NO witnesses, video or audio. Neither party can prove their case. What should me and my mother do?

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

I would highly suggest you consult with a local Lawyer to advise you of your rights regarding this matter.

#3 jgower


    Bronze Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Keep in mind as you talk to a lawyer that many police forces use former convicts as drug informants as part of plea deals. In a large city I formerly lived in, there was such a person making up stories about people and turning false information on alleged drug deals and turning over made-up situations to police. Eventually there was a monetary settlement between the city and those falsely accused, and those running the plea bargain program were removed for lack of oversight. I am sure that this is not an isolated problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users