Scared for my life.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 setmefree

setmefree

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi, my name is Micah, I am 17 years old and i need help. A week from today i was forced to move away from where i lived(lawrence, KS) and had to live with my dad. I had 2 jobs in lawrence and doing really good in school. I don't want to live here because I left so much behind in Kansas, and my dad is an abusive alcoholic. He has records of DUI's and he once tried to kill my mom(who is his ex wife). I feel alone, and unwanted. I am beyond depressed.. I don't like the life i'm living in and want help to get out of it. Please someone, help me.

#2 gijane123

gijane123

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

This is terrible, I suggest you try to talk to your school teachers and if that does not work call CPS (Child Protective Services) in your area...Micah I hope and pray for your safety!

#3 Ted_from_Texas

Ted_from_Texas

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,025 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

There's very little anyone here can say constructively, since you don't say anything about the circumstances whereby you were "forced" to move in with your dad. Who were you living with before? What caused the change? Please elaborate.

#4 setmefree

setmefree

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

My mom just didnt want me living with her anymore... I dont know why she wouldnt let me stay.

#5 setmefree

setmefree

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

and i already tried a school resource officer, they dont care.

#6 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,897 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'm not sure what your question is. Since this is a message board, the only "help" we can provide is by providing information. You said you used to live in Lawrence, Kansas, but you didn't say where you live now.

Needless to say, if any abuse occurs, contact the police and/or a child abuse hotline, and/or any of the myriad of other resources that are readily available.

Likewise, since you are 17, you will be a legal adult in less than a year, so whatever the situation is, you will be free to go out on your own shortly.

#7 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Emancipation of a minor (also called "divorce from parents") refers to a court process through which a minor can become legally recognized as an independent adult. Through emancipation, a minor can take responsibility for his or her own welfare, and make the major decisions their parents typically would handle. To learn more about this subject matter, you may wish to visit the Family Law Center: Emancipation of Minors and read Emancipation Laws as a good resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users