Storage building on my property

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 histochick

histochick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I live in a fairly large subdivision 30+ homes. I have placed a tasteful storage building on my property that some of my neighbors seem to disapprove of. I received a letter from "them" today stating that it is not within the covenants of the property deed. My neighborhood does not have a HOA. Most homes in my neighborhood are not in compliance with these covenants as well. What rights do I have when most homes are in non compliance in some way or another.

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,089 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Depends on the specifics of the covenants to which you have referred and the laws of your unidentified state (it is noteworthy that your post does not state that you disagree with your neighbors' conclusion). Generally, if covenants exist and are binding on each homeowner for the benefit of each other homeowner in the subdivision, the lack of an HOA is irrelevant.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

To learn more about this subject matter, you may wish to visit the Real Estate Law Center: Owning a Home and read Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions as a good resource. For further clarification on your rights, you may want to consult with a local Real Estate Lawyer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users