Liquor Laws

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Helena_3041

Helena_3041

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Need Florida Statute prohibiting patrons from bringing their own alcohol into a restaurant/bar

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,100 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Does the restaurant/bar have a policy that prohibits patrons from bringing in their own alcohol?

#4 doucar

doucar

Bronze Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

It has to do with their license. In Florida, there are two types of liquor licenses. On Premises and off premises. On premises license requires that all alcohol be purchased and consumed on premises. Off premises requires that all alcohol purchased or otherwise aquired be consumed off the premises.

#5 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Need Florida Statute prohibiting patrons from bringing their own alcohol into a restaurant/bar

Hard to imagine that anybody owning such an establishment wouldn't know the laws or where to find them.

However, the Florida liquor laws are Chapters 561 through 568. Read them.

http://www.leg.state...XXIV#TitleXXXIV

Although I doubt that there is a statute that specifically prohibits patrons from bringing their own alcohol. That would have to be an option allowed by the owner or not allowed by the owner. And you don't have to explain anything to anybody that you deny entry to if they are carrying their own liquor.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users