Jump to content


Help me out.

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 meinkey


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

My blank button wont work so ph will be how i use. A phriend oph mine sold me a car we will call him Joe a $ 25,000 car used, he held the car till I sourced the cash.about 2 months.I went to his house layed out the cash he handed me the title,said 4 me to just enter his name,and odom reading ok said I.I got home and looked more closely at the title and discovered that this title was in Richards printed and signed name The odom and joes personnal inpho was blank the small print on the title says (TANSPHER OPH TITLE BY SELLER)this section must be completed at the time oph sale phederal and state law require that the seller state the milege purchasers name selling price and date sold in connection with the transpher oph ownership phailure to complete or providing a phalse statement may result in phines and or imprisonment. My problem is I called Joe asking that he put his own inpho on the title he rephused.Iph I was to put his inpho to then allow the traspher oph title and the car comes back as stolen .am I guilty .because I thought he was my phriend I did not ask 4 bill oph sale. I have tried to get ahold oph Richard to no avail to ask is this a hot car.can I sue Joe 4 my money back the title remains like I received it (west palm beach)

#2 adjusterjack


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Two problems.

1 - You've received stolen property. It doesn't belong to you. The police can take it back and give it to Richard. A bill of sale wouldn't have helped you any. You probably won't be prosecuted because you are a victim. But you probably need to get in front of this by calling the authorities and tell them what happened. Might be a good idea to talk to a lawyer first, but do it quick. The longer you sit on it the more guilty you look.

2 - You can certainly sue Joe for the $25,000 but, even if you got a judgment, the chances of ever seeing your money are probably slim. Whether Joe can be put in jail for what he did is something the police or prosecutor will have to figure out.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 meinkey


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

I called the dmv and no reports oph stolen .How should I register do I put Joes name or mine to transpher the title, I really want my money back iph I leave it blank in court is joe responsible to return my money because richard broke the law when he didnt wright in who he sold it to (Joe) with his inpho and with the mileage.the title says its the law.Like I said joe wants me to put his inpho and mileage.what would a judge say? Thanks 4 any help.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Have you reported this incident to your local police department? I also agree with adjusterjack, you may want to consult with a local West Palm Beach, Florida Lawyer to advise you of your rights regarding this matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users