first car

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HtL_RAGE

HtL_RAGE

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

After Saving for the summer i finally had $2,000. I found a nice mustang ( atleast i thought) they wanted 4,000. i was exited for my first car so i didnt look too much over. i bought it and the next day i took it to get checked and i did a car fax, turns out the car was worth $1,000 and the mechanic told me it wasn't even safe to drive on the highway. So i took it back within three days. they said they couldnt do anything about it when i just asked for my money back, because i brought up the lemon law. that was a month ago, they still have the mustang and my money... is there anything i can do to get my money back? please help

#2 Lemon_Lawyer

Lemon_Lawyer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Unfortunately, there is a lot of critical information missing here. First: It will depend on the state where you purchased the vehicle. California is different that Nevada. Second: it will make a huge difference as to whether you purchaed it from a dealerhsip or a private party.

Talk to an attorey that specializes in lemon law/dealer fraud in your state. You can probably get this answered in 5 mintues without any cost to you.

John Hendrickson
Santa Rosa, CA
Disclaimer: This is not intended to constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. Every situation is different and your unique facts will impact the outcome. These responses are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

#3 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I agree with the previous poster, you may want to consult with a local Lemon Law Lawyer to advise you of your rights regarding this matter.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users