2005 Mazda

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mslndat

mslndat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

I just bought a 2005 Mazda Mpv. in New Hampshire. Drove it home and the next day the check engine light came on, took it to Advanced Auto to have is scanned and the Catalytic Converter Code came up.

This will cause a rejection on my inspection sticker. I live in Massachusetts but the vehicle was bought in New Hampshire. I did buy a 90 day warranty but catalytic converters are not covered.

I thought there was a Federal Emissions or Federal Inspection Law that protected consumer nationwide. New Hampshire has no lemon law...................how can I proceed. The dealers add listed this vehicle as ' NEEDS NOTHING ' Mazda quoted me a price of 1200. to 1800. dollars. TO ME THAT'S NOT NOTHING, THAT'S HUGE.

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

I think there is a federal emissions law but I doubt that it applies to a 7 year old vehicle. You'll have to google it.

Lemon laws also typically don't apply to used vehicles.

I suspect you bought the car AS IS but with the separate LIMITED warranty so I doubt that you have recourse against the dealer.

But feel free to consult an attorney and verify that.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

You may want to file a consumer complaint with the Attorney General of Massachusetts: The Consumer Protection Division.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users