injured during repo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 quadra

quadra

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

I knew it was coming, and saw them out there. I went out, cooperated, gave the key. they let me take my stuff, but my son was giving me a bad time over the radio. we argued , the repo people stayed out of it. then one was shifting the transfer case, it was grinding gears. I had intent of recovering it. I walked back standing against open door and the other dude came to see what the grinding was, and shoved me into the open door, ( by accident) sustaning a buldging disc and nerve damages. I had 3 ops prev, to that area, it was weak. Called about every lawyer, nobody wants to help me. suggestions? have 2 independent wittness who came forward after.

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,094 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

"Every lawyer" is obviously an exaggeration.

However, if you can't find a lawyer to take your case, consider the reason(s) why. I assume they're telling you why they don't want to take the case. It may be because you don't have a good case or one that's worth enough to justify a lawyer taking it on contingency.

But you didn't say what you've done about this beyond calling lawyers. Did you call the repo company and ask for insurance information so you can make a claim? If not, why not? If so, what response did you receive?

#3 quadra

quadra

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Well I called about 5 or so and got discouraged. I did do a police report, and asked no charges be filed. Then I filed with my car ins. they paid for er and the tests that showed the damges and an epidural shot. They said they would consider another shot. but did not pay the original Dr bill.
I spoke to them after (ins.) and they said that was it, it was closed.

#4 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Well I called about 5 or so and got discouraged. I did do a police report, and asked no charges be filed. Then I filed with my car ins. they paid for er and the tests that showed the damges and an epidural shot. They said they would consider another shot. but did not pay the original Dr bill.
I spoke to them after (ins.) and they said that was it, it was closed.

I suggest you read the Medical Payments Coverage part of your policy booklet. Generally, your insurance company should reimburse you for all the medical bills that arise from a vehicle related injury up to the Medical Payments Coverage limit (which you can find on the cover page of your policy). If the limit is exhausted then you don't get any more money.

You don't say what state you live in but if you have PIP your insurance company might only be required to pay 80% of the amounts billed. Again, you'll have to read your policy to find out.

As for lawyers, keep calling even if you have to call 20 or thirty. Ask for an appointment instead of trying to discuss the claim over the phone.

If you can't get an attorney to represent you, there's no reason you can't sue in small claims court if your damages don't exceed the small claims limit.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#5 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Called about every lawyer, nobody wants to help me. suggestions?

You may wish to use the Lawyers Directory to locate a local lawyer willing to address your claim.

Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users