driving without license

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RAFAT1990

RAFAT1990

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hello everyone , I am foreign student in ohio . unfortunately, I just pulled over yesterday and I got two tickets

Can you tell me please , what is the penalty for driving without license and in ohio?
and also what is the penalty for driving a car reversed direction in one way in ohio?

it is my first time ....

I have to go to court and I am afraid that maybe I wll go to jail .

#2 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

It appears that the failure to show the officer a valid license is an unclassified misdemeanor in Ohio, as is the offense of letting someone drive a vehicle who is not licensed. The statute specifically states that no jail time may be imposed for these offenses. The penalty for going the wrong way on a one way street is a fine, not jail. I think for the first offense here, you aren't looking at jail, but are looking at some significant fines.

#3 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

You may want to read the Ohio Laws and Rules: 4510.12 Operating a motor vehicle without a valid license and the Ohio Revised Code Offense & Conviction Code List as a good resource.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#4 BOR_BOR

BOR_BOR

Bronze Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

It appears that the failure to show the officer a valid license is an unclassified misdemeanor in Ohio, as is the offense of letting someone drive a vehicle who is not licensed. The statute specifically states that no jail time may be imposed for these offenses. The penalty for going the wrong way on a one way street is a fine, not jail. I think for the first offense here, you aren't looking at jail, but are looking at some significant fines.

He did not post what laws he was cited under, probably state, but Municipalities in Ohio can elevate a Minor Misdemeanor even to an M-1, by Ordinance, if they wish.

MOST municipalities mirror state traffic laws though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users