Auto Accident / no insurance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 washee

washee

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

I was on my way to my insurance company after just repairing my truck to renwe my ins. when a car seeding threw a red light hit me. totaled my truck and causing much damage to myself that will be for the rest of my life and will be unable to ever work agian. the ins. company paid for replacement of my truck.
but becuase i had no insurance they can not pay any pain and suffering. The driver that hit me was not the owner of the other car, the owner was in the car but not driving. the owner of the car her ins. is the one who paid replacement of my truck. Can I sue the driver? should i sue the driver? is their a lawyer that handels this kind of thing? I know i was in the wrong, driving to my ins. company. But as i stated I can never work agian and am in pain all the time.

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,321 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

becuase i had no insurance they can not pay any pain and suffering.

Who are "they"? Unless your state has a law that bars you from recovering pain and suffering because you had no insurance at the time of the accident, the other driver is liable for this.

Can I sue the driver?

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. Did you really suppose that there was some prohibition on suing the person who caused the accident?

should i sue the driver?

Unless you've gotten all available money out of all available insurance coverage and don't believe the driver has any assets or income to pay more, I certainly would.

is their a lawyer that handels this kind of thing?

Of course. Have you never heard of a personal injury attorney?

#3 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

is their a lawyer that handels this kind of thing?

You may wish to use the Personal Injury Plaintiff Lawyers Directory to locate a local lawyer willing to advise you of your rights regarding this issue.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users