Jump to content


Inmate Injury

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 candylm84


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

I was on parole and I had a substance abuse class that I was mandated to attend once a week for two hours. I had back surgery on June 5th of this year and was not able to attend my substance abuse class. I even told my drug counselor about my surgery and inspite of that she still dropped me from her class. That was an imediate violation of my parole. So two weeks after having back surgery I was arrested and made to sleep on concrete floors. They hand- cuffed me from behind and shackled me even after I asked them not to because I just had back surgery and needed to be able to brace myself. Well, just like I was afraid was going to happen, I fell. I asked them to make an incident report of it and they would not. I ended up getting my parole reinstated because my doctor wrote the Kentucky parole board a letter stating that I should not have been expected to go to that class because of my medical condition. Better yet, I should not have been arrested in the first place. My parole should not have been violated. I am a resident of Metropolis,llinois. I am an Illinois native. However, my charges were in Paducah which is why I am in Kentucky. I got my parole reinstated on August 9th and I am in a halfway house in Lexington waiting on my home placement to go through in Metropolis, Illinois. I was not able to heal the way I would have been able to heal after having back surgery and now I am having more problems and they are substantial. I have no medical coverage in Kentucky, only in Illinois do I have coverage. I have had to go to the E.R. 4 times so far and all of those medical bills are going on MY tab! My credit will now be ruined because of this. I will now have to go and file for bankruptcy. God only knows what else is going to happen to me all because of the D.O.C.! Is there any advice anyone can give me please? Also, could somebody email me that advice to ****** I am looking for a good lawyer. Between my fiance and my father I will find a good lawyer because I feel in my heart that I was done wrong.

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 20 September 2012 - 12:26 PM.
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

You may wish to use the Lawyer Directory to locate a local lawyer willing to advise you on this matter. Many lawyers do offer a free consultation.

#3 arnoldzoee


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:33 PM


Yes, i do agree with the last reply. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the carelessness or negligence of another party, contact us for a free consultation

free legal consultation

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 19 November 2012 - 07:43 AM.
As per the Community Guidelines, links to personal web pages or blogs may be included in the signature line. Other personal or identifying information in this post has been removed. -Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users