Bed Bugs in New Jersey

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sphillips357

sphillips357

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

I am currently representing an individual from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that now has dozens of scars from bed bugs from a hotel stay in New Jersey.

To date, we are unsure if the client agreed to litigate/arbitrate in any particular state or under any particular law when signing their hotel agreement, but we would like to be prepared in the event that this case must be handled in New Jersey either by law or by convenience.

Have any of your firms handled this type of case before, or know the current jury trends in New Jersey courts for personal injury cases?

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,837 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

To date, we are unsure if the client agreed to litigate/arbitrate in any particular state or under any particular law when signing their hotel agreement, but we would like to be prepared in the event that this case must be handled in New Jersey either by law or by convenience.

Since the alleged injuries occurred in NJ, why would the case be litigated anywhere else? Is the owner of the hotel even subject to personal jurisdiction in Massachusetts? Obviously, if the case has to go forward in NJ, you'll need to associate local counsel.

Have any of your firms handled this type of case before, or know the current jury trends in New Jersey courts for personal injury cases?

I'm not sure what you mean by "this type of case." The chances that randomly posting on a message board is going to find you a lawyer who has litigated a case in NJ involving a hotel patron who was injured by bed bugs are infinitessimal. As far as "current jury trends," I can't even conceive that this sort of case would ever see a jury. However, I have to assume that NJ, like every other state in which I have practiced, has publications that discuss noteworthy jury verdicts.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

You may be interested in reading the Blog: How to Sue a Hotel for Bed Bugs as a good resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users