selected for a job, job rescinded and left me holding expenses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 uncle_sam

uncle_sam

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

I work for the Federal government. I applied for another government. I was interviewed, selected, and given an official job offer (with PCS orders). I proceed with making arrangements such as selling my home (at below market value), securing a work visa (as the position was in a foreign country), etc.

Due to an administrative error on the government's part, the job was rescinded 2-weeks before my start day.

I am now left with numbers expenses that they are refusing to honor. I have been provided an agency grievance procedure -- which gives me 15 days to file my grievance. Additionally, the procedures state that I may not also file with EEO, IG, or other grievance body.

I am extremely unhopeful in this grievance procedure, and I am investigating legal assistance.

Has anyone faced a similar horror or could offer me any advice?

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,312 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

You will need to consult with an attorney in the unidentified country that hired you to see if you if and how you can pursue a claim against that country's government.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Was this job offered by the U.S. federal government to work overseas?

#4 USAF_USAF

USAF_USAF

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Did you find any answers to your question?? I have just had this happen to me and wanted to know if you have found any appeal processes. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users