buying non-street legal vehicles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shawnisbeastin

shawnisbeastin

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

i am new to this site and i think its pretty good when u need information about laws but i cannot find my answer to a simple question for a pocketbike i was going to buy
i am going to buy a pocketbike soon but theres a little problem
i do NOT have my license yet and cant get one for a while
i have looked up florida's law on motorcycles and it pretty much said u cant get in trouble for riding anything under 50cc but 50cc bikes are crap. they go like 30mph wich i dont like
is this cc law true? because i really want the 150cc one but i dont want any cops messin wit me about it and not having a liscense and operating a vehicle
also, if it has mirrors, turn signals, etc does that make it street legal even tho it wont be plated? and do i need a liscense to drive anything over 50cc... sorry for posting in the section if its in the wrong place please move it but i could not find anywhere else to put this.. thanks

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

You may want to read Orange County Sheriff's Office: Legal Bulletin - Summary Chart at the bottom of the document. Also, to find out whether it is legal to ride pocket bikes where you live, either on private property or on public roads, start by contacting your local law enforcement agency or department of motor vehicles and asking about rules regarding pocket bike riding.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users