Caselaw regarding variances

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 luqman6133

luqman6133

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Does anyone know of any case law with languagethat addresses a developer attempting to build new homes in a neighborhood and petitioning the city for variances from the city code where older homes in the neighborhood were not constructed with such variances and older homeowners are concerned about their impact on their homes physically (flooding) and value?

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,336 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Case law varies from state to state, and you didn't identify your state. However, no one on a web site is going to do legal research for you.

#3 luqman6133

luqman6133

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

I forgot to mention that I was looking for Illinois case law. Believe me, I was not expecting anyone on this website or any other to conduct legal research for me. I was just wondering if there were any experts in the field out there who may happen to know of some caselaw that stood out in their minds.

#4 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

You may want to visit a local Illinois Law Library to get help with researching this topic.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users