Texas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lauren123_9479

lauren123_9479

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

I recently got my 3rd DWI offense in Texas... I was wondering if it's possible with a great lawyer to recieve a long term of probation and no jail time? I have a great job and about to go back to school.

#2 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

Since a 3d DUI in TX is a felony carrying from 2 to 10 years in prison, unless there's a basis to suppress the stop, it's completely unrealistic to expect no jail time.  The court can grant you probation instead of sending you to prison but there is a minimum sentence in county jail that must be served.  There's also a mandatory license suspension for up to 2 years.  No matter how good the lawyer, they can't walk on water or turn back time...

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

You may want to visit the DUI Laws Center and read Texas DWI Laws. I also suggest you consult with a local Texas DWI Lawyer to advise you of your rights.

#4 Legal_Balla

Legal_Balla

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

I agree if the prosecution has the admissible evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, there may by little chance of getting out of a Texas Felony DWI without jail time, even if probation is granted. However, there may be issues an experienced DWI defense lawyer can help you with. The state may have trouble proving-up your prior DWI convictions. There may be other legal issues like the stop, search, and arrest. It is never a waste of money to invest in a qualified defense lawyer when facing any felony charges. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users