Hotel charged my credit card 1month afte

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tcbilly

tcbilly

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

I live in GA. I stayed at a ***** for a week. I paid daily. sometimes cash, sometimes debit. I had a complaint from my 1st day ( there was no fridge or microwave in room) & I paid for that. received them the next day. When I checked out 7 days later, the mgr gave me  7$ & change refund for that 1st night. I was paid in full. They lock u out if u dont pay in advance. Anyways, exactly 1 month later, I had a 47$ charge by the hotel on my debit card. it caused 2 checks to bounce & 35$ for each. I tried 4 days to. contact the hotel mgr. Never got her or a call back. I fialed a dispute with my bank. Cancelled that card & had to wait a week for a new one. I then contacted the corporate office, finance dept for the hotel. They showed no record of the charge. I missed 2 days of work dealing with this ( i work 2hrs away all day everyday. Had to have my bank fax them my transaction summary. was told they would investigate from both of them; bank & hotel corporate. Both came back with it was a legite charge unless I could prove not. I had all receipts, & I moved to an apt 5 days b4 it was charged. hotel said they made an error in my billing a month later. no-one contacted me, sent a letter, nothing if that was the case. which my receipts showed daily rate, daily pay. what gave them the right to charge my card without my permission? If I did owe it, I had the choice of payment type.

\r\n

PLEASE HELP ME! I closed that account, its still overdrawn & im still paying on the bounced checks.

\r\n

What can I do or who do I contact?

\r\n\r\n[This post has been\r\nedited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator] \r\n\r\n

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Did you have a contract signed with the hotel for the weekly stay?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users